Ferde Grofé: Grand Canyon Suite
Mississippi Suite
The Hollywood Bowl Symphony Orchestra
Felix Slatkin, director
Descarga
Antonio vuelve a deleitarnos con una transferencia de un delicioso disco Capitol grabado originalmente en 1958 por Felix Slatkin (el padre de Leonard) y publicado en España por Odeon en 1960. Para la ocasión Antonio ha empleado su plato Braun y una cápsula Stanton 680.

Ferde Grofé is famous for his orchestration of Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue and his fantastic pictures Grand Canyon Suite, widely recorded. There is also a wonderful Disney film "Grand Canyon" (1958) based on that Suite. Thanks so much Pablo for this special and excellent version under Felix Slatkin featuring also the excellent and rare Mississippi Suite.
ResponderEliminarI really enjoyed this - more than I expected to, actually. Some of the solos, for example the trombone in On The Trail sounding like he's a regular player in dance band with that mellow vibrato to the sound, are really nice.
ResponderEliminarThank you very much. I love this piece - I can take or leave the Mississippi Suite - and am happy to have heard this recording.
Bloggo
thank you very much, i'm looking forward to hearing this interpretation of this work. -a.v.
ResponderEliminarThank you all for visit, I was looking for this record for so long and last week Antonio show me several cover to choose the next post, and as soon as I saw it I said "Grofe by Slatkin father". Antonio provides me a clean RAW transfer and I do a little reprocessing job and I'm very happy that you enjoy with this wonderful recording.
ResponderEliminarThank you verry much for Grofe. It is exellent sound in my heart.
ResponderEliminar