lunes, 4 de marzo de 2019

Toscanini dirige Verdi y Glinka (nuevo link)

Verdi: La Forza del Destino (Obertura)
Glinka: Kamarinskaya
Orquesta Sinfonica de la NBC.
Arturo Toscanini, director 


Descarga Mega

Otra joyita mas que arrima Jota al blog, en este caso aporta un EP fabuloso conteniendo dos realizaciones de altisima calidad. Dado que ambas grabaciones provienen de la década de 1940 al intentar extender al maximo posible el rango de frecuencias se hizo mas ostensible su pasado como discos 78 RPM, sin embargo creo que estos registros han ganado en claridad al ser re-ecualizados.

6 comentarios:

  1. Are the digital files directly recorded from an LP or from a tape? Particularly the Forza shows fluctuations tipical of an old tape. I do not know if this is a problem on my side. Could you kindly verify?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello, it was transfered directly from a RCA 45RPM EP, the record itself shows this tape fluctuations. I'll trace the original 78 RPM record in order to make a better dubbing.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I am probably going to get in trouble for this comment, and be accused of "inaccuracy, hearsay, vague rumors, and manure-spreading" (the last was the actual statement of another Toscanini enthusiast regarding some of my ancient posts on RMCR!) but...taking a DEEP breath...I *seem* to remember being told, by one very well informed life-long AT enthusiast (a full professor at a distinguished university, a VERY scholarly man!) that the first issues of the Forza overture on 45 rpm differed in the coda from the subsequent ones. I haven't heard the 45 disk in thirty years (did have a dub, though) so the *exact* changes in later issues are not something I can document. I am not sure, at this late date, if the problem was that AT (or his editors) changed their minds; if the wrong take was used, and subsequently corrected in the later LP -- and, one presumes, the CDs --; or if the change was due to what the OP in this thread refers to as tape fluctuations. Can a real, authoritative expert who has followed this stuff MUCH MORE INTENSELY than I have, either correct me or at least supply the actual answer?
    8H Haggis

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. OR...possibly to correct and update a faulty memory...could the "culprit" have actually been the first 45 rpm issue of the "Egmont" overture? I tend to think so. 8H Haggis

      Eliminar
    2. I recover this from the DVD backup I have, but if is a curiosity and not exactly the same take that was issued on the Toscanini Collection, I would try redo all the restoration process, after all, this was made with iZotope RX2, now I have RX7 with a much better declicker and denoiser, plus X-Crackle and Declick by Acon Acoustica 7 that works very good.

      Eliminar