viernes, 28 de diciembre de 2018

Piero Coppola dirige Edvard Grieg (nuevo link)

Grieg: Danzas Sinfónicas No 1, 2 y 4
Orquesta Sinfónica de Londres
Piero Coppola, director

Descarga Mediafire

Restauración de dos discos 78 RPM Decca AK 1869-70 registrados en 1946, buen sonido en general a pesar del "british bacon".

3 comentarios:

  1. Thanks so much dear Pablo for this rare recording !
    Coppola was one of the most captivating conductors (and also an excellent composer) of the 78rpm era.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Pablo, I've seen that you have often done "ambient stereo" reprocessing of certain very good sounding, hi fi period, mono LPs. I'm a retired engineer who happens to have access to quite a bit of software, including some plug-ins I have personally developed for the old "Cool Edit" program, to improve certain flawed old transcription recordings; and though I am NOT a fan of "electronic stereo" as it was typically implemented in the sixties thru the eighties, is IS getting better and more tolerable. Just as an experiment, I took your fine mono transfer of these FFRR 78s and, to see what I could do in a sort of minimalistic manner (reducing 'frying bacon', improving bass impact and dynamics, and opening up soundstaging) I worked on this, just to see if it might give a modern "modern" dressing to an admittedly fine old recording:

    https://www16.zippyshare.com/v/PeOBIfWs/file.html

    (modified 'electronic stereo' reprocessing, mp3 format)

    Unfortunately, Zippyshare will only offer this for 30 days, so it will be pulled on or about 8/26/18.

    8H Haggis (old Decca enthusiast, 78 collector since c.1949, and retired sound engineer)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. 8H Haggis, you give me the greatest honor by spending your time experimenting with my transfers. People like you should never retire at all. Yo do a wonderfull job with this noisy transfers. Unfortunally, I only have some decrackles to work with british crackle but only a few were efficients, like X-Crackle or Cube-Tec edition for Adobe Premiere. I also have Acon plugins but they are so aggresive, same with Sonnox, I never learn how to work properly with Diamond Cut and iZotope RX6 Decrackle is not exactly helpful for this situation. Equalization is something that I'm still learning, you give to this recording the kind of open sound that I always want. Once again. Thank you so much for what you do with this recording.

    ResponderEliminar