Mussorgsky: Una noche en el monte calvo.
Tchaikovsky: Marcha Eslava
Stravinsky: Suite de "El Pájaro de Fuego"
Orquesta Sinfónica de Londres
Leopold Stokowski, director
Descarga
Transferencia realizada por Antonio de un disco London Phase 4 SPC 21026 de prensaje español conteniendo un registro efectuado en 1967.

Thanks Pablo for this SPECTACULAR recording: magnified by the Phase Four sound, Stoky's interpretations, re-orchestrating here and there, are always captivating.....his arrangement of the Mussorgsky is a peak !
ResponderEliminarYou know? 20 years ago, I hate Stoky because his was always retoching the score and basically doing what he wants. Now I love him! I discovered that the guy was a magician and have a very personal vision on what the music is about.
ResponderEliminarDear Pablo, I was exactly like you: years ago, I could not stand Stokowski, thinking he was only a show off conductor., manipulating the scores This was emphasized by many stories about his birth for instance. Actually Stoky was a REAL musician with strong ideas about orchestration, colors, timbers of the orchestra.
ResponderEliminar